We are looking for a detail-oriented Senior Accountant to perform and coordinate accounting duties within our organization. The Senior Accountant’s responsibilities include preparing financial reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, assisting with preparation of tax returns, and performing other accounting duties such as invoicing and processing accounts receivable and accounts payable.
The successful candidate should have a solid working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and strong financial analysis skills. An outstanding Senior Accountant should also possess strong Excel skills, be detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to work with little to no supervision and perform under pressure.
Senior Accountant Responsibilities:
- Coordinating accounting functions and programs.
- Preparing financial analyses and reports.
- Preparing revenue projections and forecasting expenditure.
- Assisting with preparing and monitoring budgets.
- Maintaining and reconciling balance sheet and general ledger accounts.
- Assisting with the preparation of federal, state, local, and special tax returns.
- Maintaining the chart of accounts and contributing to the development of new or amended accounting systems, processes and procedures.
- Invoicing and processing of accounts receivable and accounts payable.
Senior Accountant Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
- 5+ years of accounting experience.
- Working knowledge of tax laws and GAAP.
- Strong financial analysis skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational and stress management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks Online.
- Ability to work remotely with little to no supervision.
Thank you for your interest.